Monday 24 August 2015

Sinking Deep

Baby –

Before anything else I just want to say I am so proud of you. In a world that always has so many increasing expectations, I just want you to know I am proud of you, right now, exactly who you are.

I know you can see so many flaws. I know you can see so many things you are doing wrong, so many opportunities missed. I know you’re so scared about the future, so worried about what the right thing is, what the best thing is. I know that every day just seems to make it all more confusing for you.

But 2 Timothy 1:7 says it all really. You weren’t given a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind. Think about that for a minute, baby. I’ve given you a sound mind. So all those things confusing you right now – all those doubts, all the questions, all the worries – they didn’t come from My hand.

I know your heart. When no one else gets it, I still do. I know how badly you want to please Me. I know how scared you are of choosing, for fear of choosing the wrong thing. I know how unworthy you feel of that life, the life I keep showing you. I know how hard it is to let go of the safety net, to trust I will provide for you for all of your days. None of those feelings come from Me. You are worthy babycakes – of every good thing on this earth. You are worthy of living a life marked by Me, glorifying Me. And I know you feel like you got it so wrong, and you’ve tried and failed before. But listen to Me – it’s not too late. There is a season for everything, darling, and a new season is coming.

Stop beating yourself up over this life. Life is messy, you know that by now. Stop accusing yourself of feeling too much. Stop trying to be strong for the sake of everyone else. I know you. I know all those things you try to hide from the world. I look you straight in the eye, baby, and I see it all. Stop trying to hide from Me. Stop trying to hide the tears. Stop trying to stop your heart from breaking. Trust Me when I say I’ve got this. Trust Me when I tell you that I have a plan for you, and nothing is going to stop that. Stop worrying about all the details, I have them worked out. Stop worrying about how you’re going to feel in the midst of it all, and know that your emotions are not Me. You don’t have to live controlled by them. I will show you your purpose, daughter, step by step. I know it’s scary to go deeper. I know what the world will say. I know that not even all the people around you will understand it. They’re not Me, baby. I know you better than anyone does, and I know what I have for your life. Just because it doesn’t make sense to them doesn’t mean it’s not right.

Baby – I’ve given you a sound mind. So focus on me. Get quiet, get still, and listen. Make listening a daily habit. Get into the practice of it. Forget about the world, forget about the plans and the expectations of others, and just listen to what I’m telling you. I’m not hiding from you, darling. I don’t play games. But I’m going to teach you something through this. And one day soon, your eyes are going to be opened to see it all.

Trust Me, my darling. I’m not going to let you fall.

I’m in love with you.



- God.

No comments:

Post a Comment