Monday 26 May 2014

Baby-Girl: Living the Hurt - MLL

Baby-girl,

If i could protect you from the hurt, you know I would. I would guard your heart and hide your eyes if it was possible. But I know that is not mine or anyone else’s power to do that. Sometimes, I know you don’t even have the power to guard your own heart.

So here’s what I want you to know. Part of life is getting hurt – and it sucks and sometimes breaks you, but you can always grow stronger from it and through it. 

It’s hard to learn to have faith when there are no trials to get through.

 It’s hard to learn to trust when you feel like everything is in your control.

 Life is messy. It’s the same way with love, baby. Love is messy. And there is every chance loving someone is going to mean your heart gets broken. There is every chance loving someone will mean you get hurt in ways you didn't even know were possible.But its still worth it. Don’t stop loving just because you don’t know how you’ll survive the hurt.

We survive hurt by realizing how strong we actually are. 
We survive hurt by realizing when the life gets knocked out of us and we cant walk, we have a Savior who carries us.

He will carry you, baby, even if you don’t always feel it. Just keep running to Him. Keep taking every thought, every feeling, every question captive to Him. He is faithful to rescue you. He hears you, and He provides a way to move on – even when it feels impossible to let go.

Darling, I love you. I will always be here for you, even if that means helping you stand through the hurt. I cant shelter you, but I don’t think I want to. I want to see all your faith and all your trust being put in Him – because He will never let you down. He will never hurt you, never fail you, never reject you. You don’t have to be so afraid anymore. You are seen, Beloved, and wholly known.


Trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment