Wednesday 30 April 2014

Whose Understanding? // Proverbs 3:5-6

I actually had a different blog post written for today… I wrote it days ago, and never posted it because honestly, I didn't feel peace about it. It wasn't wrong… And maybe one day those words will be right to share. But for now, they’re the opposite of what God is trying to teach me.

Proverbs 3:5-6 says ‘trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do and He will direct your paths.

That post I was going to share - it was the epitome of my own understanding of what’s going on in life. And while I believe there is truth to it, I know right now is not the time for my own opinions and thoughts.

Right now is the time to lean into God…. To trust His judgement and His heart. Because He knows more than me. He knows that persons heart & mind better than I ever will… He knows what’s ahead of me even though I have absolutely no idea. And it’s time to rest in that. It’s time to stop trying to understand every little thing based on what my own heart & what the world says.

That’s the thing about life with God – we cant look to ourselves or the world around for us answers. Because He does things completely differently. And ‘nothing ever happens the same way twice.’ Just because the world says something wont work doesn't necessarily mean that is God’s plan… And so, I’m learning to look to Him and trust Him.

It’s by His strength I learn to trust Him with all of my heart. It’s by humbling myself I can depend on His understanding. It’s by constantly running to Him with the little things that I learn to seek His will in everything…. And truthfully, it’s by constant surrender of my dreams and plans and hopes that I can walk the path He is directing.

I’m never going to reach a point of figuring this out. Too often I depend on my own strength, my own wisdom, my own plans. But that’s the point – that’s the point of constantly humbling and surrendering myself to Him… I don’t have all this figured out – and anytime I think I do is when it all goes to hell in a handbasket.

So, Jesus, keep me humble. Please remind me to lean not on my own understanding, but in all things, look to You and trust You. I know You have plans for me, and I wanna walk them – even if they’re nothing like I imagined. Those things, those people I’m holding onto for fear of giving them up – I surrender. They belong to You, Lord, not me. Have Your way.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I was searching for some comfort and found your blog. I love this post!

    ReplyDelete