Friday 15 November 2013

I want you to stay.... // Faithfulness

Have you ever had that longing, that desperate desire for that person to just stay?

I want to say something to all you girls out there - hold out for that kind of guy. Hold out for the kind of man who will stay with you through anything. Who will fight for you and for your dreams. Who will hold on to you, and not let go, even if leaving seems easier. Girls - hold out for the man who will stay even when it doesn't make sense anymore. Hold out for the kind of guy who wont just take what he wants from you and then leave. 

I want that kind of relationship. A faithful relationship. A relationship where he will still be there in the morning when I wake up. I want that kind of man - who will stay even when everyone around him says he should leave. I want the kind of man who is not going to listen to others' opinions of me, but trust in what he knows to be true of me as a person.

And I want to be that person - I want to be the one who stays .I want to be a faithful person... 'I dont want to give up on people no matter how hard it gets. I dont want to be the one to say "that human is too messy for my liking or that heart is too mangled"' (big thanks to Hannah Brencher for that quote).

But i'm getting off topic... See, I have learned that wanting a person to stay isn't enough. They have to want to stay as well. The hard thing is - what do we do when they don't want to stay? What do we do when our heart is longing for them not to leave, and yet they do anyway? 

I think we need to pray. I think we should count our blessings for the people who have stayed. I think we need to trust in a Faithful God Who never ever leaves.  And I know we need to cling tight to the promise that one day, someone will come into our lives who will stay for a lifetime.  I know that all of that may not make the moments of longing any easier. I know that all of that may not take away the dreams you have every night of that person telling you they'll never leave... But over time, it will help heal you. 

Friend, I'm right there with you. I'm right there just trying to breathe in and out, and hold tight to a God Who stays even when that other person leaves. I want you to know that no matter what endings you face, your story is not over yet. Sometimes, distance is necessary - and though I dont know why - God knows. It's not wrong to want someone to stay. But dont get so focused on the person who left that you miss the people right in front of you who have stayed through everything. I know it doesn't always feel like it - especially when your heart is longing for that one person - but you are blessed. There are people in your life who have been there forever - make sure you value them. Hold on to them - they are few and far between. 

And beloved, dont give up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment