Sunday 22 September 2013

Invisible

When it seems like no one hears you,
feels just like you're seen through,
 you've gotta know you're not invisible.

These are the lyrics to a Stan Walker song that I loved from the first moment I heard it.
The reason I love it so much is because it is relevant.
I feel that way... Invisible... I know what those moments feel like, and can I just say, they are not pretty. And I know I'm not alone in feeling that way.
 In this world, it is so easy to feel invisible. It's so easy to feel like everyone else is prettier, or worth more, or has more talent... It's easy to feel like everyone gets chosen instead of you. But Beloved, I want to tell you, you are not invisible.

There are many names for God in the Bible, but one of my favorites is El Roi. The God Who sees. 
He sees you. He sees me. He knows us. Completely. He sees your heart, and He knows everything about you. And friend, He loves what He sees. You make Him proud. You fill Him with great joy. He does not regret creating you. He knows all those things about you that no one else does. He loves all your little quirks and the random things about you. And Beloved, not only does He love you, He likes you. He wants to spend time with you. He loves hanging out with you and just hearing your voice.

So Brave-heart, take heart. I know it hurts when the person you want to notice you doesn't. I know it hurts when people don't see your value or your talent. I know how hard it is when you are not chosen to do something you know you would be great at. But He sees us in those moments. He hurts with us, and heals the pain. You are not invisible. I cant say it enough. You're not forgotten. You're chosen by Him.

And girls - I just want to say. That guy that you want to notice you who doesn't notice you - don't blame yourself. You are enough. You are pretty. You're not doing anything wrong. Sweetheart, 'your value doesn't decrease because somebody cannot see your worth.' You're worth everything. Just because he doesn't see you, does not mean you are invisible. You are more loved than you have ever known. 

And guys, same goes for you. Your value is not increased or decreased because that girl does or does not notice you. You're not invisible, friend. You are known. You are seen. You are valued. You are loved.

Don't give up, friends. Hold strong to Jesus. Know that it's okay to live for an Audience of One. Know that you are seen. And know that God, God of all the universe, is El Roi. The God who sees - sees you. All of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment