Sunday 12 August 2012

Lots of thoughts...



So first and foremost, I am learning that the Christian life is very much the opposed life. I mean, I learned a long time ago that in this world we would have trouble, and the only way to get through it is Jesus, but now it's even more real and obvious. I am about to film a spoken word poem, and I really am believing God is going to use it to change people's perspective's. Through doing this, a new dream has been birthed in me that could seriously change lives when it happens... So, God is moving, hence, there is opposition. I have strep throat :( coincidence? I think not. But, I'm not complaining, because to me, this just makes me excited knowing God is really up to something. Two Scriptures that come to mind are John 16:33 and James 1:24.


James 1:2-4: Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colours. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.


John 16:33: I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.


When you are going through hard times, remember to take heart. This too shall pass, because Jesus has overcome all!


Second thing I'm learning; it's really not about me. Whatever gifts or talents I may have are because God gave them to me, and the only way I can use them effectively is when I'm relying completely on Him to use me. Any dream I have comes from Him, and just like Hannah did in the Bible with her son, I need to dedicate my dream back to God. My job is to take what I do have, do my best with it, and let God use it however He wants to. Not my will be done God, but Yours.


Third thing; though I might do a really good job at pretending around people, God sees ALL my heart, and ALL my motives. So when I recognize motives in myself that I know aren't godly, the best thing to do is straight away repent and surrender to God. I want to live an honest and pure life before God, and the only way to do that is by staying constantly surrendered to His Spirit teaching and encouraging me. I'm learning that the humble are crowned with victory. (psalm 149:4)


And ultimately, to God belongs ALL the glory, ALL the praise, and ALL the honour forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment