Friday 20 July 2012

Victory

A lesson I learned a long time ago is that the victory is won on my knees in surrender to God. Over the course of my life so far, darkness has tried to overcome me so many times. But, I am realising I overcome by glorifying God's Name. The truth is, we can't win the battle by ourselves. Without His Light, the darkness will win. But the good news is, where the light is, darkness does not stand a chance! (2 Corinthians 3:17             2 Samuel 22:29-31)


Time and time again in Scripture, you see the battle won when the army was praising God. 2 Chronicles 20:21-22 says:
After talking it over with the people, Jehoshaphat appointed a choir for God; dressed in holy robes, they were to march ahead of the troops, singing, 
    Give thanks to God, His love never quits.
 As soon as they started shouting and praising, God set ambushes against the men of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir as they were attacking Judah, and they all ended up dead. 


In light of what's going on in the world recently, it is so easy to feel overcome, even as a Christian. But as I praise and worship my God, I realise there is still Hope. I find the strength to stand up and keep fighting. I find the purpose I need to fulfil my dreams. I find the reason to live, the reason to breathe, and the reason to fight. Victory isn't won on the battlefield with swords drawn, victory is won through surrender. It's won down on your knees, praising God, and trusting Him to work all things together for good. When your eyes and heart are set on Jesus, there is a supernatural strength that comes with that, an ability to rise above the darkness, and see things through the eyes of Hope.

When you're busy praising God, your mind is set only on Him. You cannot worry or stress or try to come up with your own battle plans. God has already made plans for victory, He has already overcome all through the life and death of Jesus Christ. So when you face the battle, overcome the way He has called you to. Surrender. Worship. Praise. Read Scripture and claim it over your life. Whether your battle be depression, a bad family situation, financial problems, failed relationships, or something else, the battle is fought, and won, on your knees in surrender to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment