Saturday 28 July 2012

I wanna know discipline like that...


In watching the Olympics, I've been challenged with the concept of discipline. How many tears, how much sweat, how many falls have these Olympians taken all just to fulfill their dream? You hear the stories of young gymnasts who have pushed through unbelievable injuries, fought back against pain, and are now competing. You see swimmers who train for 6-7 hours a day 6 days a week. It becomes their life; they live it, breathe it, dream it, eat it... I wanna know that kind of discipline. I wanna know what it means to fight for a dream, to push myself beyond my limits and just keep fighting. Yes, I've pushed through a lot spiritually and mentally, I've pushed through eating disorders, I've fought through the depths of depression, and I've received healing from anxiety. But I wanna practice a disciplined life in everything I do. I wanna do my best at university, know that I've pushed through and given my absolute everything to getting my degree. I want to give God my everything, and practice being in His Presence everyday.
Whether I'm studying, exercising, writing, reading, hanging out with friends, working, or being a part of a church. I want to live a disciplined life, going after my dreams whole- heartedly, never giving up, never giving in.I want to do my best at everything I do, knowing that it's not just a temporary thing, but it's giving God glory. So what are your dreams? are you giving everything to accomplish them? Are you training, practising, putting in the hard yards to see your dream fulfilled? Fight for what you believe in, fight for your dreams, and never, ever give up!


So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the
glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31


Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. - Hebrews 12:1


Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified. - 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

No comments:

Post a Comment