Wednesday 2 April 2014

Waiting on God

It’s been awhile, I know, and I’ve been trying so hard to find some pretty words to say. It’s not that life is ugly, it’s just that it’s full and I’m trying to live it. Some days I feel like I’m spinning out of control, head barely above the water, but there are so many days when I’m the most content I’ve ever been. Days when I finally feel like I’m exactly where I was always supposed to be – and can I tell you that is the best feeling ever.

But through all the craziness, I’m catching glimpses of Jesus’ heart, and the one thing He wants me to learn in this season:

To Wait.

To trust Him with the desires of my heart. To be still knowing He knows me – completely. And that is enough. That is where my contentment is coming from.

It’s not that I have everything I want. At the moment there is a deep down longing in me that seems to grow stronger all the time. But God knows that longing, and He put it in me for a reason. And it’s frustrating to watch so many other get what I want, but God is good… Faithful… and He has the perfect plan for the perfect time. So for now, I wait. I trust. I pray through it all.

And every time I come before Him so broken and desperate, He whispers the same thing over me:

Be still, My daughter. Wait on me. Let me move. Listen for my voice. Feel my spirit stir within you.

And so – that’s life right now. I don’t always get it right. There have been some seriously impatient days. But as restless as I can be, I have also never been more at peace than right now. I don’t always know how to pray, but it’s in those moments I just give God my heart to listen to all over again. Waiting is a journey, a process, a decision I make every day. But it’s where God has me, and I wouldn't change that.

Beloved, don’t be afraid to wait upon your God. I know it’s scary just trying to trust Him with those desires in your heart, rather than pursuing them. But you can trust Him. You can rest knowing that whatever is meant to happen, will happen. It sounds cliché but it’s true. He has a plan, baby, a purpose and a dream for you. He knows you; He knows those things you’ve never even told anybody about. And He has made a way even where it seems there is none. Keeping holding tight to Jesus. Keep listening for voice whispering in your heart.

You are loved.

God proves to be good to the one who passionately waits, to the one who diligently seeks. It’s a good thing to quietly hope, quietly hope for help from God. It’s a good thing when you’re young to stick it out through hard times. – Lamentations 3:25


No comments:

Post a Comment