Sunday 15 September 2013

Lessons in progress

I dont have it all together.... I don't have all the answers.... My theology does have holes in it... But my Faith is not in my theology, my questions, or my answers. My Faith is in Jesus Christ - The Answer.

I'm learning a lot right now, and felt it was important to document some of it in public, because I want people to know that I'm not perfect. I want people to realize it's okay to not have it all figured out. I believe we need to remain humble and be willing to admit when we are wrong. So friends, bear with me, coz the blog post might be a little all over the place.

1. I pray I'm found more on my knees in His Presence and His Word than talking to other people for their opinion. He is able to teach me all I need to know. When I'm in surrender to Him, He is able to mold me into what He wants me to be. He will teach me truth and cement it in me, and will get rid of any deceit.

2. In Spirit and in Truth - so long as my worship lines up with His Word, then it is worship in spirit and in truth. As Aaron Keyes so wisely tweeted a few weeks ago: "Let's kill the phrase Worship and the Word. If either aren't immersed in and overflowing the other, it's dead wrong already. Also, separating The Word from Worship misses the point of the former and misses (so much of) the power of the latter."

3. God is Healer. He can heal. He does heal. And we can't let our experience dictate our theology. For the first time in a long time, I want to lay hands on people and pray. Whether God heals them when I want or how I want is in His Hands, but praying, it does something in them and me. It builds Faith and reminds us that God is able to do far more than we could ever ask, dream, or imagine. There is no harm in praying for people... What God does with that is up to Him, He is Sovereign and He does know best... But I would rather pray in faith than wallow in doubt.

4. I'd much rather be a believer than a doubter. I'd much rather look to Jesus and love like He did than have every answer to every question. Because "for now we can only see a dim and blurry picture of things, as when we stare into polished metal. I realize that everything I know is only part of the big picture. But one day, when Jesus arrives, we will see clearly, face-to- face. In that day, I will fully know, just as I have been wholly known by God." (1 Corinthians 13:12). Jesus is coming back, and when He does, I will have all I need. I will be complete. But until that day, I can be content to lift my eyes to Him, and take all my questions to Him.

 Life is short, so so short. I wanna believe in Him. I wanna trust His heart. I wanna rest in His Love. Because that's who He is. He is Love. He is provision. He is Healer. He is the Answer. Christ is what Christ offers.

Friends, I don't have this all together. But I'm not trying to anymore. I believe that Scripture holds all the answers I need in this lifetime. And I believe that Jesus is the only example I need to follow. I know I will have days of doubt. I know there will be moments where I will question why my experiences haven't lined up with His Word. I know that one day I might find out I'm wrong about a lot of things. But honestly, as long as my heart belongs to Jesus - life is good. And I am okay.
Hold strong, Beloved. Your Complete is coming for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment