Thursday 25 July 2013

Music, movies and Reece's Rainbow

I decided to try something a little different with this post in an effort to keep things a bit more lighthearted.... I wanna discuss a few amazing things I have found in the last few weeks, and would love for you to share yours along with me.

First of all, I wanna talk about music.... Casting Crowns is a band I have heard of, and even known a few songs but never really listened to all that much... But recently I discovered more of their music, and I have to say, I love it. Currently being played repetitively on my iPod are these songs:
- Courageous
- The Well
- Lifesong
- Praise You in this storm (this song has gotten me through some really hard situations)
- I know You're there
- Wedding Day
- Who am I
- Jesus, Friend of Sinners
- Face Down
- So far to Find You

What music have you recently discovered that you're loving?

Now, movies... Specifically, Christian movies... My favorite's would have to be Courageous, and The Grace Card.
I love Courageous because although it is gut wrenchingly sad, it has such a positive message that is so needed in this generation.
I also recently watched the Grace Card and OH MY GOODNESS. I sobbed on and off throughout it, which was annoying but it is such a beautiful movie so full of truth that is worth the tears... in other words, you should watch it.
I have also recently seen Ring the Bell. To be honest, it was a little bit slow in parts, not most interesting at all times but still pretty decent. Some powerful truths and good simplicity in it.

Any good movie recommendations? Doesn't have to be Christian, just decent...

And finally, Reece's Rainbow.
I heard about this ministry earlier this year when I stumbled across the blog of a family who adopted 2 boys from the Ukraine. Reece's Rainbow is basically an organisation that is committed to seeing orphans with down syndrome, and other illnesses/ disabilities adopted into loving homes. I was looking at their sight the other day and found myself reading about becoming a prayer warrior. This program is amazing, you get to choose the child you would like to pray for, and all they ask of you is to pray daily for that child's health, safety, and adoption.
I am totally excited and honored to announce that I am now the prayer warrior for a beautiful little girl who is in desperate need of a home.

Friends, if you feel this is something you could do or would like to do, then please, sign up to become a prayer warrior. It's a totally free program, all that is asked is that you pray, and continue to pray for the child until they are settled into their adoptive home. In doing this, you can receive updates on the child's adoption progress and what's happening.

And finally, I'll leave you with a Scripture that continues to inspire, challenge and convict me.
Real, true religion from God the Father's perspective is about caring for the orphans and widows who suffer needlessly and resisting the evil influence of the world. - James 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment